Wanted are equity/non-equity male and female actors to fill out roles through the production. Organizers are also looking for high-school and college-aged acting interns to join the company at this call as well.
What to prepare
Auditioners should prepare to read at least a one minute classical monologue, preferably Shakespeare, and to also tell a joke. If you do not have a monologue there will be sides from the script at the audition. Also, be prepared to possibly stay and “cold-read” from script as well. Bring a picture and résumé stapled.
The first rehearsal will be on or around Monday, July 1. Rehearsals will be mostly in the daytime and go through July 16.
Performances will be at 8 p.m. Wednesday, July 17, Thursday, July 18, and Saturday, July 20, Veterans Memorial Park in Shelton.
• Solinus — (male, 30s-40s) Duke of Ephesus
• Egeon or Ægeon — (male 30s-40s) a merchant of Syracuse, looking for his sons.
• Emilia or Æmilia — (female mid 30s-40s) his lost wife, now Lady Abbess at Ephesus (any age).
• Antipholus of Ephesus and Antipholus of Syracuse — (male 20s-30s) twin brothers, sons of Egeon and Emilia. One actor plays both roles.
• Dromio of Ephesus and Dromio of Syracuse — (male early 20s-30s) twin brothers, bondsmen, each serving his respective Antipholus. One actor plays both roles.
• Adriana — (female mid-20s-early-40s) wife of Antipholus of Ephesus.
• Luciana — (female 20s-30s), sister.
• Luce — (female 20s-30s) maid to both sisters, also doubles as Nell the kitchen wench.
• Balthazar — (any age) a merchant.
• Angelo — (any age) a goldsmith.
• Courtesan — (female 20s-30s).
• First merchant/Officer/Headsman — (male any age) friend to Antipholus of Syracuse.
• Second merchant — (male any age) Angelo is in debt to him.
• Doctor Pinch — a conjuring schoolmaster.
For more information, or if you cannot attend, contact Tom Simonetti at email@example.com.