Shelton volunteer fire companies 1,3 and 5 were dispatched to the Country Place condo complex for a reported dryer fire at 10:41 a.m. Sunday morning, according to a post on the Echo Hose Facebook page.
Car 3 arrived and reported moderate smoke showing from the second floor of a condo unit.
Engine 2 arrived shortly after and stretched a hose line to the second floor, finding a dryer on fire with extension to the laundry room area. The fire was quickly extinguished and companies opened up and checked for extension and ventilated the structure.
The incident was placed under control in under 20 minutes and the last unit cleared in under 90 minutes, the fire company’s post said.
To read more about the family who was affected by the fire, click Family loses belongings following fire.