Community raises thousands to help family following dryer fire

Isabella and Ava

Isabella and Ava

More bad news struck the Corbesato family of Shelton, and once again the community is rallying around them to help in their time in need. On Sunday, Echo Hose Fire responded to a call of a fire in a dryer belonging to the family at the Country Place condo complex.

Recently, the community came together to help the Corbesatos — dad PJ, mom Nicole, and daughters Ava and Isabella — as they continue to pay for their girls’ medical bills. The two girls have been battling an illness since they were born. Ava and Isabella have hypoplastic left heart syndrome, a congenital illness where the left side of the heart does not develop completely.

On Sunday, while PJ was working, the dryer in their rented condo caught fire. While Nicole and the girls were able to get out of the house and everyone is OK, all of their belongings are gone, according to the post on Give Forward. They do not have renter’s insurance. A web fundraiser started on Monday, and as of Wednesday morning, organizers have raised more than $10,000.

According to firefighters, crews found the dryer on fire with extension to the laundry room area. The fire was quickly extinguished and companies opened up and checked for extension and ventilated the structure.

To help, and for more information, visit GiveForward.com and search for Corbesato House Fund, or click here.

By participating in the comments section of this site you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and User Agreement

© Copyright 2018 Hearst Media Services Connecticut, LLC

Designed by WPSHOWER

Powered by WordPress