Shelton students were honored recently at Housatonic Community College’s 43rd Annual Awards Night.
Student Marcelo Coutu topped the field of winners, taking home three awards: the Blum-Shapiro Accounting Scholarship Award; the Outstanding Community College Accounting Student (Connecticut Society of CPA’s Educational Trust Fund award); and a Certificate of Achievement in Business Administration: Accounting.
Students Jennifer Kelm and Rae Ann Nezat followed close behind, each winning two awards. Kelm won a Housatonic Foundation Scholar award as well as an award for Excellence in the Engineering Science Program. Nezat walked away with the Maureen Maloney Scholarship: Academic Excellence in Psychology award; and the Academic Excellence in LAS: Psychology Transfer Concentration program award.
• Glenn F. Bader, Certificate of Achievement in Business Administration: Small Business Management.
• Grant A. Gopian, Certificate of Accomplishment in Business Administration: Finance.
• Dawn M. Manely, Student Senate Award: Outstanding Contribution to HCC Student Clubs.
• Marissa N. Martinez, Academic Achievement in the field of Early Childhood Education: AA.
• Megan F. McDevitt, Housatonic Foundation Scholar.
• Douglas J. Peterson, Academic Dean Prize.
• Jeffrey T. Preli, Certificate of Accomplishment in Business Administration: Small Business Management.
• Paul W. Sweetman, Certificate of Accomplishment in Business Administration: Accounting.