A 23-year-old man from Myrtle Street in Shelton was charged with recent burglaries at Sanford Drive and Squire Lane homes in Shelton.
According to police, on Tuesday police were sent to a home on Sanford Drive for a reported garage burglary. While investigating, police found paperwork at the home belonging to another person who lived on the street.
Sanford Drive is located off of Long Hill Avenue. Squire Lane is located off of Soundview Avenue.
During the investigation, it was found that another burglary took place on Sanford Drive. Later Tuesday morning, police were called to a home on Squire Lane for another burglary.
The investigation lead to the arrest of Shawn Dean — whose address was not given. Dean was charged with burglaries on Sanford Drive and Squire Lane. The charges were:
• Three counts of third-degree burglary.
• Two counts of first-degree larceny.
• Two counts of first-degree conspiracy to commit larceny.
• Conspiracy to commit third-degree burglary.
• Three counts of credit card theft.
• Illegal use of a credit card.
• Sixth-degree larceny.
• Third-degree larceny.
Dean was held on bond and brought to Derby Court on Tuesday for arraignment. More arrests for these burglaries may be coming, police said.