The Valley Community Foundation announces $420,304 in single- and multi-year grants will be awarded to nonprofits providing services to Valley residents.
Grants were awarded through its responsive grant-making cycle, which is done with its partner in philanthropy, the Community Foundation for Greater New Haven.
Grants were awarded to Shelton-based nonprofits as well as organizations that serve Shelton and surrounding communities. The local awardees were:
• Area Congregations Together, $50,000
• Boys & Girls Club of Lower Naugatuck Valley, $105,000
• Griffin Hospital, $22,504
• Literacy Volunteers of Greater New Haven, $60,000
• Shelton Economic Development Corp., $40,000
• Shelton Historical Society, $45,000
• Valley United Way, $9,200
• Visiting Nurse Association of South Central Connecticut, $12,000
• Workplace Inc., $15,000
Supporting the nonprofit sector
Established in 2004, the Valley Community Foundation (VCF) distributes hundreds of thousands of grant dollars each year to support the local nonprofit sector and the people it serves.
In addition to grant-making, VCF works with the Community Foundation for Greater New Haven to promote philanthropy in Shelton, Ansonia, Derby, Oxford, and Seymour.
For more information, visit www.valleyfoundation.org or contact VCF President Sharon Closius at email@example.com or 203-751-9162.