The Community Health Resource Center at Griffin Hospital, 130 Division St., Derby, will host a free educational workshop on planning for retirement on Thursday, March 19, at 6:30 p.m.
Michael Alimo and David Weyner, of U.S.A. Financial & Tax Services, will host “Planning for a Safe Retirement,” a free workshop about techniques to help build a successful retirement plan.
Discussion highlights will include:
• The three legged stool approach and how to support your needs in the future.
• Will I outlive my money in retirement? How can I avoid this?
• What is your money earmarked for? Income, growth, preservation, legacy?
• How does timing of Social Security impact my plan? When should I elect benefits?
• What are the effects of inflation and stock market risk on my savings?
• How do taxes play a role in my future retirement plans?
• What happens to my plan if/when my spouse predeceases me?
• What impact can medical emergency and the potential need for Long Term Care have?
This program is part of a series of free, educational forums hosted by the Community Health Resource Center in an effort to help improve the health of the community.
To register or for more information, call Kerry or Deborah at 203-732-7399.
The Community Health Resource Center at Griffin Hospital is a traditional library that provides an array of medical and health information, including a large collection of easy to read health and lifestyle related materials. The center is open to the public to educate themselves on ways to enhance their well-being, prevent illness and play an active role in decisions about their health.