PHOTOS FROM THE SHELTON HOUSE FIRE SCENE ON OLD STRATFORD ROAD

Here are more photos from the house fire at 83 Old Stratford Road in Shelton on the morning of Thursday, March 5. (Photos by Brad Durrell)

The home is on a hill overlooking the road, with a steep driveway. No occupants or firefighters were hurt in the blaze.

Click below to read a story with details on the fire:

https://sheltonherald.com/63180/details-firefighters-keep-house-fire-contained-to-basement/

Click below to read about the likely cause of the fire:

https://sheltonherald.com/63344/electrical-malfunction-in-dryer-may-be-cause-of-shelton-house-fire/

Shelton-FireOldStrat3-WIFI

 

Shelton-FireOldStratRd15

A fan is placed in the front door to get rid of the smell of smoke inside.

A fan is placed in the front door to get rid of the smell of smoke inside.

Shelton-FireOldStratRd4

The house where the fire occurred.

The house where the fire occurred.

Shelton-FireOldStratRd22

A window to the basement area where the fire started. Steps and a railing to the home’s front entrance are on the left.

A window to the basement area where the fire started. Steps and a railing to the home’s front entrance are on the left.

Firefighters just outside the house, after the fire had been extinguished.

Firefighters just outside the house, after the fire had been extinguished.

Shelton-FireOldStrat2

A Shelton firefighter, on the left, at the scene. The fire occurred in the part of the basement shown on the far right of the house, which is in a heavily wooded location.

A Shelton firefighter, on the left, at the scene. The fire occurred in the part of the basement shown on the far right of the house, which is in a heavily wooded location.

Shelton-FireOldStratRd11

The house is at the top of this driveway, to the right.

The house is at the top of this driveway, to the right.

Shelton-OldStratRd9

Windows were opened in the house to let the smoke outside. The fire began in the part of the basement below this window.

Windows were opened in the house to let the smoke outside. The fire began in the part of the basement below this window.

Shelton-FireOldStratRd17

Bringing a fan up the driveway to the house.

Bringing a fan up the driveway to the house.

Shelton-FireOldStratRd19

Two hose lines were set up on the snow-covered driveway to provide water for battling the house fire.

Two hose lines were set up on the snow-covered driveway to provide water for battling the house fire.

Shelton-FireOldStratRd16

Shelton-FireOldStratRd21

 

 

By participating in the comments section of this site you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and User Agreement

© HAN Network. All rights reserved. Shelton Herald, 1000 Bridgeport Avenue, Shelton, CT 06484

Designed by WPSHOWER

Powered by WordPress