Shelton fire log for Nov. 1-9

The logo for the Shelton Fire Department.

The logo for the Shelton Fire Department.

Shelton fire departments — Pine Rock Park, Echo Hose Hook and Ladder, Huntington and White Hills — responded to the following Nov. 1-9.

 

Nov. 1, 10:09 a.m. — Echo Hose and Pine Rock responded to a carbon monoxide detector sounding at 19 Freedom Way. No further information was reported.

 

Nov. 1, 11:38 a.m. — Echo Hose and the White Hills responded to a fire alarm sounding from the Sinsabaugh Heights Housing Complex at 187 Meadow Street. There was no fire, but smoke from cooking caused the alarm.

 

Nov. 2, 12:10 a.m. — Echo Hose and White Hills responded to a report of an odor of natural gas at the Avalon Shelton II at 185 Canal Street. No odor or cause of an odor was found by firefighters.

 

Nov. 2, 12:31 a.m. — Huntington responded to the Chili’s Restaurant at 834 Bridgeport Avenue for a carbon monoxide detector sounding. No levels of the gas were found by firefighters.

 

Nov. 2, 8:29 a.m. — Echo Hose and Pine Rock responded to a report of an odor of natural gas at 17 Long Hill Avenue. Firefighters and gas company responded and found a small leak in a supply line to a kitchen stove on the first floor of a three-family building. One engine and one ladder pumper responded.

 

Nov. 2, 11:27 a.m. — Pine Rock Park responded to 526 Asbury Ridge for a carbon monoxide detector sounding. A faulty detector caused the alarm.

 

Nov. 2, 1:55 p.m. — Echo Hose responded to Chipotle Restaurant at 701 Bridgeport Avenue for an automatic fire alarm. The cause of the alarm was an activation of a handicap assistance alarm that was mistaken for a fire alarm.

 

Nov. 2, 3:30 p.m. — Huntington and White Hills responded to an automatic fire alarm at2 Snowberry Lane. Smoke from cooking food caused the alarm.

 

Nov. 3, 12:39 a.m. — Echo Hose and White Hills responded to Sinsabaugh Heights Housing Complex for an automatic fire alarm. A malfunction in the system caused the alarm.

 

Nov. 6, 9:11 a.m. — Pine Rock responded to a motor vehicle accident at Long Hill Avenue and Soundridge Drive. Firefighters stood by while a small dump truck, which rolled down a steep embankment, was removed.

Nov. 6, 11:40 a.m. — Huntington, Pine Rock and White Hills responded to a natural gas leak on Progress Drive near Corporate Drive. Two buildings were evacuated after a construction crew struck and broke a gas main in the street.

Nov. 6, 2:42 p.m. — Echo Hose and Huntington responded to an automatic fire alarm at Shelton Lakes Health Care Center at #5 Lake Road. Smoke from cooking food caused the alarm.

Nov. 7, 8:56 a.m. — Huntington and Echo Hose responded to a motor vehicle accident on Route 8 northbound in the area of exit 12.

 

Nov. 7, 7:24 p.m. — Pine Rock Park Co. #4 and the Echo Hose H & L Co. #1 responded to an automatic fire alarm sounding from #23 Cold Spring Circle. There was no fire. Steam from a fire caused the alarm. One ladder truck  responded.

Nov. 7, 9:29 p.m. — White Hills responded to a report of smoke in the area of Stendahl and Lynnwood drives. Firefighters found a bonfire in the area.

Nov. 8, 1:16 p.m. — White Hills responded to a small brush fire at Indian Well State Park. Firefighters extinguished the fire that was caused by embers from a outdoor grille used previously.

Nov. 9, 9:49 a.m. — Huntington Fire and Pine Rock responded to a report of a gasoline leak in a vehicle at 48 Armstrong Road.

Nov. 9, 11:11 a.m. — White Hills and Huntington responded to an automatic fire alarm at 265 East Village Road. Alarm was from dust from construction.

Nov. 9, 1:42 p.m. — Huntington, White Hills and Echo Hose responded to a brush fire in the area of 18 Rolling Brook Lane.

Nov. 9, 9:06 p.m. —Pine Rock and the Echo Hose responded to a report of  propane leaking from tanks at 8 Piegan Trail. Firefighters shut down the tanks until the owner can have them inspected.

Nov. 9, 11 p.m. — Echo Hose and the Pine Rock responded to an automatic fire alarm sounding from unit 38 at the Helen DeVaux Housing Complex on Myrtle Street. Smoke from cooking caused the alarm.

By participating in the comments section of this site you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and User Agreement

© HAN Network. All rights reserved. Shelton Herald, 1000 Bridgeport Avenue, Shelton, CT 06484

Designed by WPSHOWER

Powered by WordPress