With 56% of summer travelers driving to their destination and gas prices having increased nearly 40% in the last four months, the personal finance websites WalletHub and CardHub today released a pair of reports to help folks find savings along the way: 2016’s Best & Worst States for Summer Road Trips and 2016’s Best Gas Credit Cards.
WalletHub’s road-trip report compared the 50 U.S. states in terms of 21 relevant metrics that speak to each state’s suitability to summer travelers with a dual mandate of fun and frugality. WalletHub’s data set ranges from average gas prices to the quality of roads to the number of attractions.
Connecticut as a Road-Trip Destination (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 43rd – Number of Attractions
- 30th – Lowest Price of Three-Star Hotel
- 38th – Average Gas Prices
- 39th – Number of Nightlife Options per Capita
- 49th – Number of Scenic Byways
- 46th – Lowest Price of Camping
- 47th – Average Cost of Car Repairs
- 45th – Number of Lodging Units per 100,000 Residents
For the full report, visit wallethub.com/edu/best-worst-states-for-summer-road-trips/4648/