“Dance and Yoga — Fit and Fun” is the topic of Get Healthy CT’s monthly health feature for July. Coincidentally, July 30 is National Dance Day, and Get Healthy CT will host a special event from 10-1, at Paradise Green in Stratford featuring dance demonstrations, prize drawings and other activities. Information about Dance Day is available at GetHealthyCT.org along with these other topics:
- Get Healthy CT Website: Find Local Physical Activity
- The Many Health Benefits of Dancing
- Dancing as a Workout
- Dance Fun and Fitness (English/Spanish)
- 7 Ways to Ease Into Yoga (English/Spanish)
- Basic Yoga Poses
- Chair Yoga
- Monthly Health Challenge — Dips (English/Spanish)
- Monthly Recipe — Roasted Cauliflower (English/Spanish)
- Bridgeport Farmers’ Markets (English/Spanish)
Most information in the packet is available in English and Spanish. Direct access is available at gethealthyct.org/topic-of-the-month/. An archive of previous monthly features is also available.
Get Healthy CT is a community coalition that works in the greater Bridgeport, New Haven and Greenwich regions, providing information about being healthy and local resources to support healthy eating and physical activity through its website (GetHealthyCT.org) and Facebook page. Printed information packets are available in some area libraries, community centers, regional health departments and other locations.