The personal-finance website WalletHub today released an in-depth report on 2016’s Strictest & Most Lenient States on DUI.
In the interest of underscoring the financial downsides of driving drunk, WalletHub analyzed the enforcement rules in each of the 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia across 15 key metrics, ranging from fines and minimum jail sentences to ignition- interlock -device requirements that drastically reduce repeat arrests of previously convicted drunk drivers.
DUI penalty in Connecticut (1=Strictest; 25=Average):
- 8th – Minimum Jail Time (1st offense)
- 2nd – Minimum Jail Time (2nd offense)
- 6th – How Long Old DUI Factors into Penalties
- 9th – Administrative License Suspension
- 4th – Minimum Fine (1st offense)
- 6th – Minimum Fine (2nd offense)
- 2nd – Average Insurance Rate Increase After DUI
For the full report visit wallethub.com/edu/dui-penalties-by-state/13549/