Fire log

On Sept. 5 at 6:07 pm the White Hills Co. #5 and the Huntington Co. #3 responded to a fire alarm sounding from the Elizabeth Shelton School at #138 Willoughby Road. There was no fire. One engine and one ladder truck responded.

 

On Sept. 5 at 6:50 pm the Pine Rock Co. #4 responded to Rocky rest Road near Wagon Road for power lines down. Firefighters found a tree had fallen and knocked the wires into the street. Power was out in the area for several hours. One engine responded.

 

On Sept. 5 at 7:00 pm the Pine Rock Co. #4 and the Echo Hose Co. #1 responded to #10 Nature Lane for an electrical box smoking. Firefighters found due to a power outage in the area, an electrical transfer switch used with an emergency generator had malfunctioned and smoked. Two engines and one ladder truck responded.

 

On Sept. 5 at 7:11 pm the Huntington Co. #3 responded to #88 Rocky Rest Road for a carbon monoxide detector sounding. One engine responded.

 

On Sept. 6 at 10:42 am the Pine Rock Co. #4 and the Echo Hose Co. #1 responded to brush fire on River Road at Murphy’s Lane. The fire was out upon arrival of firefighters. One engine responded.

 

On Sept. 6 at 11:08 am the Huntington Co. #3, Echo Hose Co. #1 and the White Hills Co. #5 responded to an automatic fire alarm sounding at the Webster Bank at #506 Shelton Avenue. There was no fire. A smoke detector was activated when while someone was vaping in a bathroom. Two engines and one ladder truck responded.

 

On Sept. 6 at 12:32 pm the Huntington Co. #3, Echo Hose Co. #1 and the Pine Rock Co. #4 responded to an automatic fire alarm sounding at the Bed Bath & Beyond store at #862 Bridgeport Avenue. There was no fire. Two engines and one ladder truck responded.

 

On Sept. 6 at 1:51 pm the Huntington Co. #3 and the Pine Rock Co. #4 responded to Daniels Farm Road in the Town of Trumbull to assist at the scene of a structure fire in their town and provide standby coverage during the fire. One engine and one rehab unit responded to the fire scene and one engine responded to standby at a fire station.

 

On Sept. 7 at 9:19 am the Echo Hose Co. #1, Huntington Co. #3 and the White Hills Co. #5 responded to the Shelton Intermediate School at #675 South Constitution Boulevard for an odor of natural gas in the kitchen. Firefighters and a gas company crew found a problem with a steam table caused the odor. One engine, one rescue truck and one ladder truck responded.

 

On Sept. 7 at 1:19 pm the Echo Hose Co. #1 and the Huntington Co. #3 responded to a fire alarm sounding at #274 Summerfield Gardens off South Constitution Boulevard. A faulty detector was the cause. One engine and one rescue truck responded.

 

On Sept. 7 at 3:25 pm the Huntington Co. #3, Echo Hose Co. #1 and the White Hills Co. #5 responded to an automatic fire alarm sounding at the Saint Lawrence Rectory at #505 Shelton Avenue. There was no fire. Two engines and one ladder truck responded.

 

On Sept. 7 at 6:16 pm the Huntington Co. #3, Echo Hose Co. #1 and the White Hills Co. #5 responded again to an automatic fire alarm sounding at the Saint Lawrence Rectory at #505 Shelton Avenue. There was no fire. Two engines and one ladder truck responded.

 

On Sept. 8 at 01:58 am the Echo Hose Co. #1 and the White Hills Co. #5 responded to a mutual aid call to Derby for a fire alarm at the Derby Neck library at #307 Hawthorne Avenue. Fire units were not needed and were cancelled.

 

On Sept. 8 at 5:30 pm the White Hills Co. #5 and the Huntington Co. #3 responded to a fire alarm sounding at #47 Beech Tree Hill Road. There was no fire. One engine responded

 

On Sept. 8 at 6:51 pm the Echo Hose Co. #1 and the Pine Rock Co. #4 responded to a fire alarm sounding at the Victorian Condominiums at #384 Howe Avenue. There was no fire. A fire alarm pull station was activated which caused the alarm. One engine and one ladder truck responded.

 

On Sept. 8 at 8:06 pm the Huntington Co. #3 responded to #30 Meadowbrook Drive for a report of an open burning fire. One engine responded.

 

On Sept. 8 at 8:19 pm the Huntington Co. #3, Echo Hose Co. #1 and the White Hills Co. #5 responded to an automatic fire alarm sounding at the Saint Lawrence Rectory at #505 Shelton Avenue. There was no fire. Two engines and one ladder truck responded.

 

On Sept. 9 at 10:07 am the Huntington Co. #3 and the White Hills Co. #5 responded to a fire alarm sounding at #10 Snowberry Lane. There was no fire. One engine responded.

 

On Sept. 9 at 11:10 am the Pine Rock Co. #4 and the Echo Hose Co. #1 responded to the Shelton Transfer Station at #866 River Road for a fire in wood chipper. The fire was out upon arrival of firefighters. One engine responded.

 

On Sept. 9 at 7:07 pm the Pine Rock Co. #4 and the Echo Hose Co. #1 responded to #128 Long Hill Cross Road for an automatic fire alarm sounding. There was no fire. A malfunction in the alarm system was the cause. Two engines and one ladder truck responded.

 

On Sept. 10 at 1:26 am the Huntington Co. #3 and Echo Hose Co. #1 responded to a motor vehicle accident on route 8 northbound near exit 12. One engine and one rescue truck responded.

 

On Sept. 10 at 05:27 am the Pine Rock Co. #4 and the Echo Hose Co. #1 responded to #125 Long Hill Cross Road for an automatic fire alarm sounding. There was no fire. One ladder truck responded.

 

On Sept. 10 at 10:11 am the Huntington Co. #3 responded to assist EMS at #192 Stonehedge. No further information was reported. One rescue truck responded.

 

On Sept. 11 at 12:16 pm the Huntington Co. #3 responded to a report of an illegal open burning at #415 Booth Hill Road. Firefighters found an outdoor wood stove being used and not an open fire. One engine responded.

 

On Sept. 11 at 5:26 pm the Echo Hose Co. #1, White Hills Co. #5 and the Pine Rock Co. #4 responded to smoke in the structure at #32 Oak Avenue. Upon arrival firefighters found a fire had occurred on a stove top after it was left unattended. The fire was out upon arrival of fire units. One engine and two ladder trucks responded.

 

On Sept. 11 at 7:02 pm the White Hills Co. #5 responded to a gasoline spill at the Monty Mart Service Station at #198 Leavenworth Road. Firefighters cleaned up the gas that had leaked from a vehicle. One engine and one utility truck responded.

On Sept. 12 at 6:55 am the Pine Rock Co. #4 and the Echo Hose Co. #1 responded to a fire alarm sounding at #55 Soundridge Road. There was no fire. Smoke from cooking caused the alarm. Two engines responded.

By participating in the comments section of this site you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and User Agreement

© HAN Network. All rights reserved. Shelton Herald, 1000 Bridgeport Avenue, Shelton, CT 06484

Designed by WPSHOWER

Powered by WordPress