Fire log

On Oct. 31 at 8:38 a.m. the Echo Hose Co. #1, Pine Rock Co. #4 and the White Hills Co. #5 responded to the Conti Realty Building at #415 Howe Avenue for a fire alarm sounding. There was no fire. One unit responded.

On Oct. 31 at 12:26 p.m. the Huntington Co. #3 and the White Hills Co. #5 responded to #475 Isinglass Road for a fire alarm sounding. There was no fire. One engine responded.

On Oct. 31 at 3:20 p.m. the Huntington Co. #3 and the White Hills Co. #5 responded to an automatic fire alarm sounding at #1 Waverly Road. There was no fire. One engine responded.

On Nov. 1 at 7:05 a.m. the Huntington Co. #3 were dispatched to assist Trumbull FD at a truck fire on Route 8 near exit 8. Shelton fire units were cancelled shortly thereafter. One engine responded.

On Nov. 1 at 5:02 p.m. the Echo Hose Co. #1, and the Pine Rock Co. #4 responded to responded to an automatic fire alarm sounding at the Boys & Girls Club of Shelton-Derby at #1 Positive Place. There was no fire. A malfunction in a alarm pull station caused the alarm. One engine and one ladder truck responded.

On Nov. 1 at 1:20 a.m. the Huntington Co. #3, Echo Hose Co. #1 and the White Hills Co. #5 responded to a fire in the kitchen at the Marriott Hotel at #780 Bridgeport Avenue. Upon arrival firefighters found a fire had occurred when a plastic rack was accidentally left on a stove top. The plastic melted and caused a smoke condition. Three engines, one rescue truck, one utility truck and one ladder truck responded.

On Nov. 2 at 9 a.m. the Echo Hose Co. #1, Pine Rock Co. #4 and the White Hills Co. #5 responded to a report of an odor of natural gas in the building at #375 Bridgeport Avenue. Firefighters determined the odor was from paving operations at an adjacent property. Two engines responded.

On Nov. 2 at 5:29 p.m. the Echo Hose Co. #1, and the Pine Rock Co. #4 responded to an open burning at #5 Connecticut Avenue. One engine responded.

On Nov. 2 at 6:04 p.m. the White Hills Co. #5 and the Huntington Co. #3 responded to #9 Lynnwood Court for an odor of gas in the house. Firefighters determined the odor was caused by a leaking gasoline can. One engine and one rescue truck responded.

On Nov. 3 at 8:14 a.m. the Huntington Co. #3 and the White Hills Co. #5 responded to an automatic fire alarm sounding at #15 Wilson Lane. There was no fire. One engine and one ladder truck responded.

On Nov. 3 at 4:10 p.m. the White Hills Co. #5 and the Huntington Co. #3 responded to a brush fire on the roadside on Leavenworth Road near Walnut Tree Hill Road. Two engines, one brush truck and one tanker truck responded.

On Nov. 3 at 9:20 p.m. the Echo Hose Co. #1 responded to Howe Avenue and Beard Street for a motor vehicle accident. One engine and one rescue truck responded.

On 11/03/16 at 11:36 p.m. the Echo Hose Co. #1 responded to #2 Freedom Way for a public service assist. One rescue truck responded.

On Nov. 4 at 8:37 a.m. the Huntington Co. #3 and the White Hills Co. #5 responded to the area of Ripton Road and Brookfield Drive for an odor of propane gas in a school bus. Several children on the bus were safely evacuated by the bus driver. Firefighters found no odor upon arrival and investigation. One engine responded.

On Nov. 4 at 4:37 p.m. the Huntington Co. #3 and Echo Hose Co. #1 responded to a motor vehicle accident on Shelton Avenue near Aspetuck Trail. Two rescue trucks responded.

On Nov. 5 at 6:58 a.m. the Echo Hose Co. #1 and the Huntington Co. #3 responded to a motor vehicle accident on route 8 southbound on the exit 12 off ramp. One engine and two rescue trucks responded.

On Nov. 5 at 9:40 a.m. the Echo Hose Co. #1, and the Pine Rock Co. #4 responded to #20 Summit Avenue for a carbon monoxide detector sounding. One engine responded.

On Nov. 5 at 2:34 p.m. the Echo Hose Co. #1, White Hills Co. #5, Huntington Co. #3 and Pine Rock Co. #4 responded to an electrical fire at the Shelton High School #120 Meadow Street. An electrical panel circuit box had arced and smoked. There was no fire. One engine responded.

On Nov.5 at 12:27 a.m. the Echo Hose Co. #1, responded to #20 Summit Avenue for a carbon

monoxide detector sounding. One utility truck responded.

On Nov. 6 at 4:25 p.m. the Huntington Co. #3, Echo Hose Co. #1 and the Pine Rock Co. #4 responded to the Marriott Residence Inn at #1001 Bridgeport Avenue for an electrical outlet sparking in a room. Three engines and one ladder truck responded.

On Nov. 6 at 7:49 p.m. the Huntington Co. #3 and the White Hills Co. #5 responded to #16 Cedar Hill Road for smoke in the home. No odor or cause of an odor was found by firefighters. Two engines and one ladder truck responded.

By participating in the comments section of this site you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and User Agreement

© Copyright 2018 Hearst Media Services Connecticut, LLC

Designed by WPSHOWER

Powered by WordPress