Office building evacuated for pump problem

It was a cold day to be evacuated from a warm office building, but a burnt out pump up at 1 Enterprise Drive caused an electrical smell in the building, leading to brief evacuation Thursday.

Shelton’s Huntington Fire Company, Echo Hose and Pine Rock Park responded to the scene, reporting smoke in the lobby. A thermal imaging camera was brought in to find the source.

Assistant Fire Chief Paul Wilson said a condensate pump “seized up.” There was no fire and no injuries.

The majority of the building had been evacuated but workers returned in about 20 minutes.

Firefighters reported some radio issues during the call. 

By participating in the comments section of this site you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and User Agreement

© HAN Network. All rights reserved. Shelton Herald, 1000 Bridgeport Avenue, Shelton, CT 06484

Designed by WPSHOWER

Powered by WordPress