This week’s Word of the Week is, “Grant”- verb (used with object)
- to bestow or confer, especially by a formal act: to grant a charter.
- to give or accord: to grant permission.
- to agree or accede to: to grant a request.
- to admit or concede; accept for the sake of argument: I grant that point.
- to transfer or convey, especially by deed or writing: to grant property.
- something granted, as a privilege or right, a sum of money, or a tract of land: several major foundations made large grants to fund the research project.
- the act of granting.
- Law. a transfer of property.
- a geographical unit in Vermont, Maine, and New Hampshire, originally a grant of land to a person or group of people.