Polling information for Tuesday’s vote

Polling information

Polls will be open from 6 a.m. until 8 p.m.

If you’re not sure where your polling place is, visit https://portaldir.ct.gov/sots/LookUp.aspx

If you haven’t registered to vote already, it’s not too late. Connecticut has a new Election Day Registration provision in effect. To register on election day, you will need proof of identification, preferably a photo ID such as a passport or a drivers license. If, for example, you recently moved from out-of-town, you would also need proof of residency, such as a postmarked piece of mail. In most cities and towns, EDR takes place in your city or town hall.

On Election Day, it’s too late to apply for an absentee ballot, but if you already have a filled-out absentee ballot, it can be returned to your town or city clerk’s office on Election Day.

A photo ID is not required in Connecticut. When you arrive at the polling place, the poll worker will request that you present an ID, but if you do not have any you may sign an affidavit in lieu of presenting an ID. There are several options for identification and they do not need to be a driver's license or have a photo.

Types of accepted identification include the following:

Your social security card, or

Any pre-printed form of identification that shows your name and address (such as a utility bill) or your name and signature or your name and photograph.

Or, you can sign a statement under penalty of making a false statement on state Form ED-681, “Signatures of Electors Who Did Not Present ID,” provided by the Secretary of the State’s office. This form is intended for an elector whose names appears on the official checklist; it must be the same as the person who is signing the form.

If you do not have any form of identification and your name is not on the list of voters, you can cast a provisional ballot. A provisional ballot will only be counted toward federal offices, such as the U.S. Senate and the U.S. House of Representatives.

If you feel that you have been unjustly or illegally denied the right to vote, it’s recommended that to take the following steps:

Inform the moderator of the polling place,

File an official complaint with the State Elections Enforcement Commission by calling 1-866-733-2463 or the U.S. Department of Justice at 1-800-253-3931.