Fund-raising effort begins to help Shelton fire victim
A fund-raising website page has been set up for the man who lost his residence in the Wednesday night fire on Indian Well Road in Shelton.
A small, riverfront home was badly damaged and the occupant’s dog, named Harley, was killed in the fire. The occupant was not home when the fire started at slightly before 8 p.m.
The house, part of The Maples waterfront community, is expected to be demolished due to the extensive damage.
Fire officials have said the home is owned by someone with a Trumbull address.
Many donors, words of support
As of Saturday morning, $4,000 had been donated in contributions made by 67 people on the GoFundMe page: http://www.gofundme.com/maplesfirefund.
The goal is to raise $10,000 to aid the fire victim.
“Joshua, I'm so sorry for your loss, no one should ever have to go through something like that,” said one contributor.
(Story continues below)
Click below to read more about the fire:
“Josh, now that you are loved by your neighbors and we are here for you,” said another donor.
“So sorry for your tremendous losses,” said a contributor. “You are a wonderful neighbor and we pray and hope that you can re-build and continue to be our neighbor. May you find strength, hopefulness, and some peace day by day.”
‘Has done everything right’
Here is the message posted on the GoFundMe page:
“We would like to try to collect money for Josh, who lost not only his home and all his possessions but also his beloved dog Harley in a home fire on Feb. 18.
“Josh is a wonderful man who has done everything right. He gets up early every day to go to work and then goes to school each night. He's working hard and this is just a tragic event.
“Please, if you can spare anything, it would be greatly appreciated.”