In this week's Herald
Here are some of the stories and features in this week’s Herald, out today:
• No more letter grades in kindergarten through sixth grade. Learn about the new standards-aligned report cards.
• Deaf resident and ultra-marathon man, James Yevich, is running 100 miles this weekend.
• Find out how Shelton Intermediate School is using its community garden.
• Public information meeting on Sunnyside sidewalk project is Oct. 23.
• Canal Street, new animal shelter, giving thanks to an ‘angel’ and more in our letters to the editor this week.
• Compost site opens for soon for leaf collection.
• Police news
• Shelton Pop Warner wearing pink this Sunday for fund-raiser.
• Kathy Yolish’s dog, Kinzy Bean celebrates another birthday and raises money for the Dog Park and Animal Shelter. See a photo from Kinzy Bean’s birthday bash.
• In sports: Gaels sail past Green Knights in football and more.
• Buddah, our Pet of the Week needs a new home.
• VITAHLS family fun day is this weekend.
• Car wash success
• For more local events coming up, see Spotlight, Library News and Recreation Notes.
• Check out the Real Estate section inside this week’s paper.