In this week's Herald
Here are some of the stories and features in this week’s Herald, out today:
• Voters will be asked to approve $3.5 million in November for the Shelton Fire Department. Find out what the money will be used for and why officials are supporting it.
• Shelton Day photos, by S. David Rose, are in this week.
• Canal Street reconstruction is a hot topic in our Letters to the Editor this week. Another resident talks about problems with Nells Rock Road.
• He swings through the air and walks up vertical inclines; Shelton resident, Scott Beckett, is a Parkour athlete.
• Resident named grand marshal of veteran parade.
• Police news
• Tuesdays in Shelton offer a unique (and free) Shakespeare experience.
• Local spirit shop is struggling to survive in Huntington.
• Chocolate pizzas, dentist turned author and more in Business news.
• In Sports: Gaels ready for ND football and more.
• Students commended for test results.
• Shelton author to debut historical fantasy novel.
• Lots of local events and programs in Spotlight and Boys & Girls Club news and Library news.
• Find out how to winterize your home and other at-home tips in this week’s B Section.