In this week's Herald
Here are some of the stories and features in this week’s Herald, out today:
• Fund-raiser is planned to help eight year-old Shelton girl who suffers several medical issues and needs brain surgery.
• More counselors? That’s what one Shelton elementary school teacher wants to see.
• Four students chosen for regional musical festival ensemble.
• Shelton High School’s drama club is performing Adaptations this weekend. See photos from rehearsals.
• Shelton resident, Casey Harrington, travels the world and explores famous works of art.
• Shelton state Rep. Jason Perillo tapped for leadership position in the 2013 session.
• Police news
• City loans available property owners.
• Kindergarten registration begins Jan. 29.
• Cabaret show this Friday and Saturday
• Local happenings listed in Spotlight and Library news.
• Meet our Pet of the Week, Izzy. She is a mature female bulldog mix that needs a home and would be a great watchdog.
• In Sports: Gaels place fourth in wrestling, Girls basketball takes on Amity, sports schedules and more.
In this week’s Section B:
• A custom-built Colonial on Abbey Road leads our Real Estate Showcase.
• There’s a home on Raspberry Hill that celebrates the Colonial Revival.
• A real estate agent gives tips on how to spruce up your appliances if you’re selling your home — or just want to change the ambiance of your kitchen.
• There are two stories on energy efficiency savings.
• Winter brings post-grunge bands to Fairfield’s StageOne.
• A review on “Zero Dark Thirty,” a recipe for healthy eating, arts calendar of events, automobile reviews and more.