Shelton Fire Department puts out crawl space fire
SHELTON — Firefighters quickly put out a small blaze at a house on Hill Street Sunday afternoon, according to officials.
Shelton Fire Department Deputy Chief Paul Wilson said the department responded to the call shortly after 4 p.m. He said the house was on the 100 block of Hill Street.
Wilson said the first firefighters on the scene reported heavy smoke coming from the home. He said Assistant Fire Chief Mike Plavcan called for mutual aid from the Derby Fire Department, adding that the fire was quickly put out.
“The fire was in a 4-by-12 crawl space to the right side of the front stairs,” said Wilson, adding that firefighters stretched a 1-3/4-inch fire hose to help in extinguishing the blaze.
Wilson said the fire moved to the first floor floor boards and deck. According to Wilson, there were no injuries from the fire and the family living there was not displaced. The fire is under investigation by the fire marshal’s office.