Who's open, selling, serving and charging?
While Sandy is not quite done with us, many will at be looking for a place to charge their phones, tablets and laptops. And with more than half of the city without power, there will be many.
We'll use this space to list who's open, who's serving, who's has power (to share), who has ice, gas, water, batteries and other supplies. If you own or work somewhere that does, please let us know and we'll tell the town here and on Twitter. If you find what you're looking for, you have to bet others are also looking for it. Help your fellow neighbor and share.
As many Shelton residents did throughout the storm , it's easy to send us a tip that we'll post here, on Twitter and on our Facebook page.
• Email SheltonHerald@HersamAcorn.com with story tips, photos and other Sandy news.
• Included "@SheltonHerald" in a posting on Twitter or at Twitter.com/SheltonHerald
WHERE TO CHARGE
• The Shelton Senior Center, 81 Wheeler Street, is open for charging of electronics, if needed.
• Panera Bread, 850 Bridgeport Ave. is open and many people are already there using free WiFi and charging phones.
• The Huntington Street Cafe is open and has WiFi.
WHERE TO EAT
It appears many restaurants on Bridgeport Avenue are open, including Duchess and Burger King.
Downtown businesses are open, including Dunkin Donuts and Subway.
• Shelton Public and Parochial Schools are closed Thursday, Nov. 1.
• No Shelton trash/recycling collection was Monday or Tuesday. Pick-up will begin Wednesday and go through Saturday, until all refuse is picked up.
• The trick-or-trunk event at Shelton Intermediate School on Halloween has been postponed.