Shelton firefighters responded to a grease fire in the kitchen of a home at 31 Adams Drive early Monday evening. (Photos by Brad Durrell) \u201cThere was oil on the stove and it just exploded when I tried to move it,\u201d said the homeowner, who was inside the house with her three children when the fire started in a cooking pan. The woman was able to get her children outside to safety and used a fire extinguisher to try to put out the fire. \u201cBut it wouldn\u2019t go out,\u201d she said. Her 9-year-old daughter called 9-1-1 for assistance, she said. No one was injured in the incident, and by 5:15 p.m. or so fire personnel began removing firefighting equipment \u2014 such as hoses and fans \u2014 from the house. Most fire personnel had left the scene by 5:40 p.m. Tim Hongo, Shelton deputy fire chief, said the family could re-occupy the house immediately. \u201cThere was no major damage, but there was minor damage in the immediate stove area and some smoke impact,\u201d Hongo said while still at the scene. More than a dozen volunteer firefighters could be observed on the property. Road was temporarily closed In addition to two Echo Hose Hook & Ladder Company trucks and other fire vehicles, police and Echo Hose Ambulance responded to the scene. The home is a modern-looking, two-story structure on the corner with Waverly Road. During the response, police closed off access from Waverly Road as well as a small section of Adams Drive, near the house, when coming from Isinglass Road. Firefighter lives nearby Hongo said the homeowner had been able to use the fire extinguisher to begin to knock down the fire. Hongo said\u00a0Huntington Fire Company volunteer Marc Connolly lives just around the corner from the house and responded almost immediately after the 9-1-1 call was received. \u201cHe was able to make sure everyone was OK, and went inside the house to be certain no one was still in there,\u201d Hongo said of Connolly. In the aftermath of the emergency response, the homeowner and her children were standing in the yard across the street from their house, observing the situation. Fire personnel were talking to the homeowner about what had happened, taking notes. A neighbor walked up to the homeowner and asked her if everyone was all right, to which the homeowner responded in the affirmative.