A pre-trial hearing has been pushed back to early June in the case of former Shelton Assistant Finance Director Sharon Scanlon, who is accused of stealing $914,000 in city money over a decade. Scanlon\u2019s case had been scheduled for a pre-trial hearing on the morning of Tuesday, April 23 in state Superior Court in Milford. The case has been continued to June due to a conflict in her attorney\u2019s schedule, according to a court official. Scanlon has pleaded not guilty to first-degree larceny and 56 counts of first-degree forgery, all felonies. During her last court appearance on March 12 in Milford, Scanlon made her plea and her attorney, William Dow III, said she wanted a jury trial. Continuances in court cases before a trial might begin are common. Scanlon, a 49-year-old Shelton resident, resigned her city position in August 2012 after the city alleged she had stolen funds. She turned herself in to State Police on Jan. 23. Her bond was $100,000. Canceled check found According to the affidavit, in June 2012, two clerks in the city finance office discovered a canceled check in the amount of $7,825 on Scanlon\u2019s desk. The clerks researched the check, finding it was made out to \u201cSharon Scanlon\u201d but listed as voided, law enforcement officials said. They did more research regarding the alleged fraud and turned the information over to city officials. The investigation alleges that money was stolen from 2001 to July 2012, but the specific counts against Scanlon date back only to February 2008. State Police have said that Scanlon \u201cdrafted fraudulent checks from the Shelton City Hall and deposited those fraudulent checks into her personal checking account via ATM at selected locations, over a 10-year period.\u201d The city is seeking restitution by filing a lawsuit against Scanlon \u2014 who served in her city position for 17 years \u2014 and placing a lien against her Crescent Drive home.