The court case of former city Assistant Finance Director Sharon Scanlon has been continued until Thursday, Oct. 24. Scanlon, who worked for the city of Shelton for 17 years, had been scheduled for a pre-trial hearing on Monday, Oct. 7 in state Superior Court in Milford. The pre-trial hearing before Judge John J. Ronan previously had been rescheduled from Oct. 2. Scanlon has pleaded not guilty to one count of first-degree larceny and 56 counts of first-degree forgery, all felonies. She is accused of stealing $914,000 in city money over the course of a decade. Neither Scanlon nor her attorney, William Dow III, were in Milford court on Oct. 7. Lauretti: $640,000 recovered so far Meanwhile, Mayor Mark Lauretti said the city now has recouped more than $640,000 from Scanlon through pension program paybacks and city theft insurance. Scanlon, working through an attorney, has voluntarily forfeited contributions she made to the city pension system, according to Lauretti. A city insurance policy also covered some of the losses from the alleged theft. Democrats, however, have criticized Lauretti \u2014 who is a Republican \u2014 for having failed to bond the assistant finance director\u2019s position so more of the missing money would be reimbursed. The city is seeking restitution by filing a lawsuit against Scanlon and placing a lien against her Crescent Drive home. \u201cWe\u2019re in line,\u201d Lauretti said of other creditors. Lauretti said the civil lawsuit and lien action are somewhat in limbo until the criminal case against Scanlon is resolved. Has been preparing for trial During a court appearance in March in the Derby\/Milford State Superior Court District, attorney Dow said Scanlon was preparing to go to a jury trial. There has been no significant activity in open court since that appearance despite some scheduled pre-trial hearing dates. Scanlon, a 49-year-old Shelton resident, resigned her city position in August 2012 after the city alleged she had stolen funds. She turned herself in to State Police on Jan. 23 of this year. Her bond was $100,000. State Police have said that Scanlon \u201cdrafted fraudulent checks from the Shelton City Hall and deposited those fraudulent checks into her personal checking account via ATM at selected locations, over a 10-year period.\u201d Investigators allege that money was stolen until July 2012.