Shelton power company supports Susan Komen efforts
Discount Power Inc. (DPI), a Shelton-based electricity supplier, is now lending a hand to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure’s Connecticut affiliate to spread awareness about breast cancer.
Funds are being generated for the nonprofit organization through Discount Power’s already established charity program. Komen Connecticut will receive a donation from DPI for each and every kWh of electricity used by customers enrolled through a partnership on a monthly basis.
“We all know someone impacted by breast cancer, as one in eight women will be diagnosed with the disease at some point in her life,” said Mike Ferreri, DPI chief marketing officer. “We are honored to support Komen Connecticut and its mission to end breast cancer.”
Upcoming Komen events
Komen Connecticut has several big events coming up, including the 20th Hartford Race for the Cure on June 1 in Bushnell Park. DPI has formed a team for the walk and will provide giveaways with the Komen logo to further raise awareness about the organization, such as pens, T-shirts, water bottles and hats, at its booth during the event.
A similar fund-raising race for Susan Komen for the Cure took place May 11 at Sherwood Island State Park in Westport, with Linda Farber and Val Szendy serving as town ambassadors for Shelton.
According to Ferreri, 75% of Komen Connecticut’s net revenue supports local breast health programs within the state and the remaining 25% is invested in research to find the causes and cures for the disease.
About Discount Power Inc.
Most residential and commercial customers in Connecticut areas covered by United Illuminating and Connecticut Light & Power can use DPI as their electric supplier. The company is currently expanding its business into Pennsylvania and Ohio.
Discount Power is a licensed retail electricity supplier that serves deregulated electrical energy markets. It offers electric energy alternatives and services to residential, commercial, industrial and municipal users. Learn more at www.discountpowerinc.com.