TONIGHT-- P&Z public hearing 7 p.m at Shelton Intermediate School
The much anticipated Planning and Zoning public hearing for one of the largest would-be developments in Fairfield County history will take place tonight at 7 p.m in Shelton Intermediate School’s Auditorium located at 675 Constitution Boulevard.
The public has voiced their concerns and Attorney Dominick Thomas said their input was valued by developers.
Initially the meeting was scheduled to take place in City Hall, but with the expectation of a large crowd, city officials relocated the hearing to the school.
The Planning and Zoning Commission will vote on the developer's request to change the area’s zoning from light industrial to a planned development district.
The initial proposal included:
- 9-story apartment building, composed 450 residential units and 900 parking spaces
- 135,000 square feet of mixed retail space with 675 car spaces
- 176,000 square feet of retail space with 880 car spaces
- 198,000 square feet. mixed use commercial and professional with 998 car spaces (Buddington Road entrance)
- 200 assisted living units, 32,000 square feet