2015 Fall curbside leaf collections and compost site schedule
The last citywide curbside collection of bagged leaves will be begin on Monday, Dec. 7, and end on Friday, Dec. 11.
• Only brown paper biodegradable bags will be picked up.
• Bagged leaves should be placed at the curbside on the regular trash collection day.
• Keep leaf bags apart from your regular trash.
• Bags should only contain leaves and not grass clippings, sticks, rocks etc. Bags containing these items will not be accepted and will be left at curb.
• In the event of a snowstorm, leaf bags should be left out at the curbside. They will be collected as soon as possible.
During the fall season of 2015, the compost site on Willoughby Road, next to Elizabeth Shelton School will be open as follows:
Starting Oct. 26 through Dec. 12
Monday through Friday Open 7 A.M. - 2 P.M.
Saturdays Open 7 A.M. - 12
Closed Nov. 11 – Veteran’s Day
Nov. 26 – Thanksgiving Day
Anyone bringing leaves to the Compost Site in containers other than biodegradable paper bags must remove non-conforming container from the site.
Officials ask residents to not leave bags outside of the gate.