Arts council honors regional photo show winners
The Easton Arts Council recognized the 31 photographers who entered its 2015 annual juried photography exhibition during a reception Dec. 5 in the Easton Public Library community room.
The goal of the competition is to celebrate Easton’s rural and scenic beauty, which 20 adults and 11 photographers 18 and under accomplished.
Noted artist and photographer, Steven Parton, judged the entries and praised the overall quality of the exhibit.
Easton First Selectman Adam Dunsby presented the awards at the Saturday evening reception. The winners in the 18 and under category were:
• First place — Christina Convertito of Fairfield for “The Field”
• Second place — Carly Sappern of Fairfield for “Shades of Fall”
• Honorable mention — Gabriella Petrone of Easton for “Hello From the Other Side”
The winners in the adult category were:
• First place – Ann Horn of South Salem for “Greiser’s, Easton CT”
• Second place – Matthew Abourezk of Easton for “After the Fall”
• Honorable mention – Dawn Kraemer of Huntington for “Gold on Silver Hill Road”
The event was chaired by Cleo Sonnenborn and Barbara Szepesi with the indispensable assistance of Easton Arts Council members.
The annual juried contest is open to all photographers, amateur and professional, and Easton residency is not required. In fact, the participating photographers came from 11 towns in Connecticut and two in New York.
All 52 works of art will be on display through Jan. 8 in the community room, 691 Morehouse Road in Easton. Visit the library website, or call 203-261-0134, for library hours, Monday through Saturday.