Fall festival for Special Olympics is Sept. 6-7
More than 1,000 are expected to participate. An additional 400 volunteers and 350 coaches will lend their support. The public is invited to attend at no cost to cheer on the athletes.
For more information and to register to volunteer, visit www.soct.org, email email@example.com or call 203-230-1201.
• Softball at Connecticut Sportsplex, 150 Foxon Road, North Branford and Kennedy Memorial Field, 51 Maple Street, East Haven (only on Saturday in East Haven).
• Bocce at Savin Rock, 200 Oak Street, West Haven.
• Sailing at The Wadawanuck Club, 196 Water Street, Stonington.
• Croquet at The Ocean House in Rhode Island.
• Golf (Sunday only) at Sleeping Giant Golf Course, 3931 Whitney Avenue, Hamden.
The Fall Sports Festival will kick-off with opening ceremonies at each venue that include the ceremonial lighting of the Special Olympics Flame of Hope and a declaration of the Special Olympics Athlete Oath.
Special Olympics Connecticut provides year-round sports training and competitions for more than 14,000 athletes of all ages with intellectual disabilities and unified sports partners — their teammates without disabilities.