The Shelton Fire Prevention Bureau is encouraging everyone to keep fire safety in mind this Halloween. The National Fire Protection Association reports that decorations are often the first thing to ignite in home fires during Halloween when located too close to a heatsource. Many of these fire are ignited by a candle. Candles may also pose a serious fire and burn hazard if they come in contact with costumes. Ted Pisciotta, Assistant Chief - Fire
Prevention, suggests that everyone seriously consider the tragic consequences associated with combustible decorations, costumes, and use of candles. Physical injuries could last a lifetime.