On June 27 at 7:57 am the Echo hose Co. #1 and the Huntington Co. #3 responded to #151 Summerfield Gardens for a report of an odor of smoke in the home. Firefighters found the odor was caused by mulch outside the home smoldering. Two engines responded.
On June 27 at 8:05 am the White Hills Co. #5, Echo Hose Co. #1, Huntington Co #3 and the Monroe Fire Department responded to a report from a passerby of a house fire at #15 Little Fox Run. Upon arrival firefighters found a fire on a rear deck of the home. The fire had already spread into the living space and attic of the house before firefighters extinguished the fire. Although firefighters contained the fire to the attic and living space the home was not livable until repairs can be made. One occupant escaped unharmed. An investigation by the fire marshal’s office determined the fire started on the rear deck when an occupant of the home discarded a cigarette in a dried flower pot. Three engines, one rescue truck and one ladder truck responded.