Grants available for community groups
The Valley Community Foundation announces that applications to receive a grant through its Community Grants program (formerly known as Valley Small Grants) are now available.
This program provides funding up to $3,000 to assist organizations in carrying out their civic agenda, and to support the development and implementation of projects that will improve the quality of life in the Valley, as defined by the five towns served by Valley Community Foundation (Ansonia, Derby, Seymour, Shelton and Oxford). Projects eligible for funding include:
• self-sufficiency (such as collective buying clubs, farmers markets);
• neighborhood identity and pride (such as fairs, festivals, house and garden tours);
• beautification efforts (such as mural painting, clean-ups, upgrading playgrounds and public spaces);
• youth enrichment (such as leadership development, mentoring and tutoring);
• elderly and parent activities and more.
Guidelines, eligibility criteria and applications are available at www.valleyfoundation.org/grants or by calling Beth Colette at 203-751-9162. Deadline to apply is noon on Friday, April 12.