In this week's Herald
Here are some of the stories and features in this week’s Herald, out today:
• Nutmegger Wine and Cheese Festival is this weekend in Shelton.
• The brown bins are here. Public Works Director Paul DiMauro answers questions about the new trash and recycling program.
• Pine Rock Park’s ziti dinner
• Chef’s challenge returns Sept. 30.
• After two decades, the Shelton Lakes Recreation Path is complete. A celebration event is planned for Oct. 6.
• Resident pens book on the signs of the state.
• Wheeling and Able Walk is Oct. 7.
• In our Letters to the Editor, Rep. Jason Perillo asks for Canal Street referendum support and State Sen. Kevin Kelly shares more local fall events.
• Brindi is back: Our pet of the week has been featured before and still needs a permanent home.
• In Sports: Gaelette duo receive All-state honors.
• After school programs at the Boys and Girls Club looking for staff.
• Shelton man gets top real estate award and more in Business news.
• See Spotlight, Rec Notes and Library News for local events.
• Garden Club works toward civic beautification.
• Church marks its 200th anniversary with family events.