Celebrate Shelton have announced the 3rd annual Food Trucks in the Valley which will take place today at 4 p.m. at the Shelton River Walk.
The event grows each year to include more than 30 food trucks, live music, craft beer, a car show, kids activities with handmade artisans. This event is free to attend and is family-friendly.
Proceeds from the event will support hunger relief, local arts programs and children’s mental health. In honor of Hunger Action Month, non-perishables will be collected for the Spooner House.
For the first time ever, “Food Trucks in the Valley” will be presenting a Mystery Box Demo, using ingredients from different food trucks attending this year’s event. Chefs will be unaware of their ingredients until they open the box, then have 30 minutes to put a dish together. There will be three consecutive demos, with three different chefs, using three different boxes of ingredients.
Food Trucks:1. Firedog – Shelton, CT
2. Szabo’s Seafood – Shelton, CT
3. Pierogies on Wheels – Derby, CT
4. Caseus Grilled Cheese – New Haven, CT
5. Fryborg –New Haven, CT
6. Spuds Your Way – Hamden, CT
7. The Local Meatball – Fairfield, CT
8. Dad’s Food Truck – Oxford, CT
9. New Haven Pizza Truck – New Haven, CT
10. Ricky D’s BBQ – New Haven, CT
11. Chompers – Southington, CT
12. Ay! Arepa – New Haven, CT
13. Shoreline Prime Food Truck – Branford, CT
14. Vazzy’s Canteen – Fairfield, CT
15. Get Your “Irish” On – Southington, CT
16. Firehouse Grill – Monroe, CT
17. 3 Chicks Grille – Hamden, CT
18. DiSorbo’s Fried Dough Bakery Truck – Hamden, CT
19. Christiano’s Fried Desserts – North Haven, CT
20. Sugar Cupcake Truck – East Haven, CT
21. Ben & Jerry’s – Canton, CT
22. Super Softy/Magic Cone – Ansonia, CT
23. Food Extrovert – Westbrook, CT
24. Donut Crazy – Shelton, CT
25. DrewbaQ – Westport, CT
26. Sultan Kebab – West Haven, CT
27. Bradley Taffy – Thomaston, CT
28. Taco Tequila – Hartford, CT
29. Yardbird & Co – Hartford, CT
30. Dee’s Flavors – Hartford, CT
31. Mercado Food Truck – Glastonbury, CT
32. Mama Dee’s Italian Kitchen – Stratford, CT
Food Trucks in the Valley sponsors include 99.9, BMW of Bridgeport, NPI Medical, Conaway Design, Shelton Car Care and more. We will host a drawing, including a 2016 BMW 4 series for a weekend, items from Thule, local restaurants and more.