Valley Diaper Bank is hosting '28 Days of Diapers'
Connecticut Partnership for Children, a 501(c)(3) organization, is located at 135 Main St. in Seymour and was founded in 2009.
The agency opened its Valley Diaper Bank in 2011 and provides diapers on a monthly basis, to any qualifying family throughout the state.
In an effort to fully stock its shelves and help as many families as possible, the agency is hosting "28 Days of Diapers" this February.
Individuals, families, businesses, schools, scout troops, etc. can participate in this event in the following ways:
1) Run a month-long diaper drive at your agency, business, or school;
2) Ask staff/employees to dress down in denim on Feb. 14 in exchange for a $5 donation to CTPFC, or a package of diapers or wipes;
3) Refer one family that is in need of services to the agency;
4) Tell five friends, family members, co-workers, etc. about the partnership's mission;
5) Sign up to volunteer at an upcoming fundraiser or diaper drives;
6) Host a diaper drive with friends or family at home — make a party out of it.
7) Sponsor a child, with a commitment of one month, six months, or one year;
8) Form a team for the Diaper Dash 5K on Saturday, May 31; and
9) Promote the Diaper Dash 5K by handing out flyers or volunteering at the agency, to work on marketing this event.
Valentine's event is planned
The Partnership will be hosting its 3rd annual Valentine event as part of the "28 Days of Diapers." The event will take place on Friday, Feb. 7 at Colonial Tavern, 24 Hawley Road, Oxford.
This year's event will feature "Sensational Dan LaRosa & His Comedy Hypnosis Show." Doors open at 7 p.m., and a full spread of hot and cold appetizers will be available. The show starts at 8.
After the show, a pub menu will be available for purchase, and the dance floor will open. The cash bar, featuring drink specials, will be open from 7-midnight.
Tickets are $25 per person or $200 per table of 10. Ticket price also includes entry to win a door prize. Tickets are available by calling 203-881-1804 or online at ctpfc.org.
Not available or not interested in the event? Please share this information with family, friends, and co-workers. All proceeds benefit Connecticut Partnership for Children's Valley Diaper Bank.
For more information, to participate in the "28 Days of Diapers," or to attend the 3rd Annual Valentine Event, contact Meghan Tarby via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 203-881-1804.