Fire damages Commerce Drive building
Firefighters spent a significant portion of Wednesday morning dousing a fire at BTX Corp., 12 Commerce Dr.
Shelton Fire Marshal James Tortora said while the fire is now out, it “caused some significant damage to the building front façade.” Some 25 firefighters representing Echo Hose, Huntington and Pine Rock companies were on scene.
Tortora said there were no injuries. The fire was caused by a spark from welding operations on outside of building in front, according to the fire marshal.