Eleven Shelton students honored at HCC awards night
Shelton students were honored recently at Housatonic Community College’s 43rd Annual Awards Night.
Student Marcelo Coutu topped the field of winners, taking home three awards: the Blum-Shapiro Accounting Scholarship Award; the Outstanding Community College Accounting Student (Connecticut Society of CPA's Educational Trust Fund award); and a Certificate of Achievement in Business Administration: Accounting.
Students Jennifer Kelm and Rae Ann Nezat followed close behind, each winning two awards. Kelm won a Housatonic Foundation Scholar award as well as an award for Excellence in the Engineering Science Program. Nezat walked away with the Maureen Maloney Scholarship: Academic Excellence in Psychology award; and the Academic Excellence in LAS: Psychology Transfer Concentration program award.
• Glenn F. Bader, Certificate of Achievement in Business Administration: Small Business Management.
• Grant A. Gopian, Certificate of Accomplishment in Business Administration: Finance.
• Dawn M. Manely, Student Senate Award: Outstanding Contribution to HCC Student Clubs.
• Marissa N. Martinez, Academic Achievement in the field of Early Childhood Education: AA.
• Megan F. McDevitt, Housatonic Foundation Scholar.
• Douglas J. Peterson, Academic Dean Prize.
• Jeffrey T. Preli, Certificate of Accomplishment in Business Administration: Small Business Management.
• Paul W. Sweetman, Certificate of Accomplishment in Business Administration: Accounting.